Welcome to MenuOptions¶
MenuOptions was created for one reason:¶
To reduce - to an absolute minimum - the # of keystrokes and clicks required for data entry & navigation.
What it looks like:¶
- Input masking
- multi-column autcomplete
- menu system based on JSON
- rocker control
- uses color highlighting to show autocomplete matches
- mouseover filtering to reduce choices
- it can utilize data from a variety of JSON types (array, array of arrays, single object, array of objects)
- the value associated with with the label string is saved in the input element automatically (in the menu_opt_key - no need to manually update a hidden field)
- jQuery version >=1.9
- jQuery ui version >= 1.10
- download MenuOptions from git
- download MenuOptions from npm
See the live examples¶
- Quick start instructions
- Parameters specifications for menus
- Parameters specifications for multi-column autocomplete
- Parameter list for multi-column autocomplete
- Parameters explained for MenuOption multi-column autocomplete
- User methods
- Using MenuOptions select with serialize
- Using dividers in a menu
- Using Filters in a menu or select list
- How do I reset the options in MenuOptions
- What do you mean auto-configuration?
- What is the menu_opt_key?
- When I use jQuery.empty(), the widget does not get removed. How do I fix this?
- I pasted data into a MenuOptions mulit-column autocomplete and now have errors when saving
- How would I reset (clear the data from) all MenuOptions multi-column autocomplete and Rocker controls?
- The clear button (or ‘X’) is not aligned correctly
- How do I display text and have a hidden value, like the HTML select control?
- When I hit enter in a MenuOptions select, it does not submit the form
- How can I create a vertical scroll bar for large lists?
- When I enter certain characters in a MenuOptions mulit-column autocomplete they disappear, why?
- Can I use ‘special’ characters in a MenuOptions mulit-column autocomplete ( parens, curly braces )?
- Why do we need another input widget?
- Change Log